To be a Person Who Guides Students to get right Careers,intrigued me! I wanted to transform the Careers of Students-Dr.N.M.Veeraiyan
Dr.N.M. Veeraiyan was born on 15th November 1946 in Nalli Goundanur a village near Erode. He is from an agricultural background.
With untiring efforts, he graduated in Bachelor of Dental Surgery from the Madras Medical College in the year 1970. Even during his under graduation, he had a deep desire to develop a practice with Innovation and Difference. After his graduation his up-soaring ambitions lead him to be the pioneer for the development of various entities in the years to follow.
- Started his career as a Dental Surgeon in the year 1971 at Erode, Tamil Nadu.
- First Dental Surgeon to establish a 100 bedded general hospital in 1975 which was awarded as the “The Best Hospital” of Erode in 1980.
- To fulfill his dreams to start a Modern Dental College, he has started Saveetha Dental in the year 1988, with the sole purpose of serving the humanity through the field of education.
- His unmatched and untiring dedication led to the establishment of other constituent colleges namely Saveetha College of Nursing, Saveetha College of Physiotherapy, Saveetha Engineering College, Saveetha School of Engineering, Saveetha Medical College, Saveetha School of Management, Saveetha School of Law, The Pupil School and saveetha School of Physical Education. Saveetha attained the status of Deemed University in the year 2005.
- The Government of Andhra Pradesh has invited him to start a similar university in Andhra Pradesh. In respect to this Saveetha Amaravati University was established in the year 2017.
Literature and Authorship
- He has co-authored a book in Tamil language, titled “Vai Pal Maruthuvam” which was awarded the second prize by the Government of Tamil Nadu – 1972.
- He has published a paper entitled “Uses and Application of Hypnotism in Dentistry”
Honors and positions held
- He was the President of Hypnotic circle of Erode – 1977 and He was President of Lions Club, Y’s man Club and Jaycees of Erode.
Awards and recognition
- “Times Education Icons 2019” awarded by “The Times of India” for “The Pupil, Chennai” for Top School in National Curriculum west zone on 8.3.2019.
- “Doyens in health care” awarded by “The HINDU” presented by The Honourable Governor of Tamil Nadu, Shri. Banwarilal Purohit on 16th March 2018.
- “Educons 2017 Award” by “The Times Group” Newspaper in the Year 2017.
- Awarded “Kalingarayan Award” for his excellence in the field of education by Kongunadu Foundation.
- IGBC Green Building Project Platinum Award for the school "The Pupil, Chennai” and Honourable Chancellor of Saveetha University received the award at Hotel Clarks Amer, Jaipur on 5th Oct 2017.
- “Life time Achievement Award” in medical field conferred by Lions Club, Avadi on 11th June 2017.
- "LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD", honoured by His Excellency Honourable President of India, Shri. Pranab Mukherjee, on the occasion of World Health Day Summit at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi on 7th April 2017.
- “Life Time Achievement Award”, “Asia’s Greatest Brand and Leader Award” conferred by URS International at India-Singapore Business and Social Forum 2017, Singapore, on 24th January 2017.
- “Honorary Fellow” of the International College of Dentists F.I.C.D., Section VI, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, conferred by the International College of Dentists, on 18th December 2016.
- “Life time Achievement Award” conferred by Lions Club, Regional Meet at Chennai on 18th December 2016.
- “Edu Icon 2016” and “Special Award for Community Service (for organizing the largest CPR training in the world)” conferred by “The Times Group” Newspaper. The award was presented by Hon. Minister for School Education, Govt. of Tamilnadu, Thiru. K.Pandiarajan and Ms.Mei-Kwei Barker, Director South India- British Council.
- “International Excellence Award 2015” honoured by Honourable Thirumoorthi, Indian High Commissioner conferred by GOPIO, Kula Lumpur, Malaysia on 18.12.2015
- “Dental Entrepreneur Award” in Bitein Clearpath Awards 2015, Mumbai.
- “ISDR Founder President Dr.M.Rahmatulla Award 2015” conferred by Indian Society for Dental Research.
- “First Recipient of Carnatic Award 2015-16” conferred by Rotary Club of Chennai Carnatic.
- “Achievement Award” conferred by Malaysia Namakkal Association, Ipoh Branch on Silver Jubliee celebration.
- “Arachelvar” Award conferred by “PTA members of Govt. Higher Secondary School, Kavindapadi”.
- “Edupreneur 2014” Award conferred by “The Times Group” Newspaper. The award was presented by the Governor of Tamil Nadu, His Excellency Dr.K.Rosaiah.
- “Award of Excellence 2013” Conferred by “Indian Red Cross Society”, Tamil Nadu Branch. The award was presented by the Governor of Tamil Nadu, His Excellency Dr.K.Rosaiah on 1.10.2013.
- “Inspiration Leaders of India” Award presented by Plan Man Media at Las Vegas (USA), 2013.
- “Edupreneur 2013” Award conferred by “The Times Group” Newspaper. The award was presented by Governor of Tamil Nadu, His Excellency Dr.K.Rosaiah.
- “Edupreneur 2012” Award conferred by “The Times Group” Newspaper. The award was presented by Governor of Tamil Nadu, His Excellency Dr.K.Rosaiah.
- “Lifetime achievement” - 2012 Award conferred by Dr. M.G.R. Medical University and awarded by Governor of Tamil Nadu, His Excellency Dr.K.Rosaiah.
- Kongumamani Award – 2008.